Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Peace Out, Paci!

pacifier_1.jpg

Larry turned 18 months on Saturday, the day we returned from vacation. I told Jon that as soon as we were home we were getting rid of the pacifier. Larry uses the pacifier at nap time and bed time so his nap on Sunday was the first test and he did fantastic! He went to bed great on Sunday night as well. Jon and I stayed up late on Sunday to catch the end of the Redskins vs. Cowboys game. When I turned on the monitor around 11:30pm to check on Larry, he was squirming around and making some noise, but NOT crying. Jon convinced me that he must be cold and I should go in and cover him up. BIG mistake...when will we ever learn. After an hour of trying to get him to go back to sleep, I caved and he didn't make a peep for the rest of the night. Monday's nap time was at Grandma and Grandpa's. After ten minutes of fussing, he fell asleep. And Monday night I just kept telling Larry, "you can do this, I love you, you can do this." And he did it! Let's hope the rest of the week goes as smoothly!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that you said "You can do this!" to him. I guess I always think that about the boys, but don't ever really say it. Too cute. Keep up the paci-free life Larry!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Larry! Such a big step- for everyone!

    ReplyDelete